Essent Online's Systems FAQs
Find answers to frequently asked questions when using Essent's online systems.
HOW DO I REQUEST A USER SETUP FOR AN ESSENT ONLINE TOOL?
- Select “Sign In/Sign Up.”
- Select “Need an account? Sign Up Now.”
- Choose the desired tools based on you needs.
- Complete the information and select “Submit.”
- EssentCONNECT will contact you with your user setup invitation.
HOW DO I RESET MY PASSWORD?
- Select “Sign In/ Sign Up.”
- Select “Forgot Password?”
- Complete the information to receive a password reset email.
- Follow the steps in the email upon receipt.
DO I NEED A LOGIN ID AND PASSWORD TO GET A QUOTE THROUGH ESSENT’S ONLINE RATE FINDER?
A Login ID and Password are not required for our Rate Finder tool. You can simply complete a one-time registration using your company email address. Upon completion you will be able to access Rate Finder and obtain quotes.
DO I NEED AN ID/PASSWORD FOR ESSENT ONLINE IF USING AN INTEGRATION?
If your integration allows you to quote MI, order MI and upload documents (non-delegated underwriting only), then no, you do not need credentials for Essent Online Tools. If you need any one of the above services and they are NOT available in your integration, please request a user setup for Essent Online (see FAQ #1 above).
WHAT IF I RECEIVE A GUIDELINE MESSAGE THAT STATES THE SCENARIO DOES NOT MEET ESSENT’S MANUAL UNDERWRITING GUIDELINES?
If the loan DID receive either a Desktop Underwriter® Approve/ Eligible or Loan Product Advisor® Accept/Eligible:
- Go to the MI Information Section/Tab.
- Select the recommendation in the dropdown for either Desktop Underwriter or Loan Product Advisor (Located on the right side of the screen).
- Enter the recommendation.
If the loan did NOT receive either a Desktop Underwriter Approve/ Eligible or Loan Product Advisor Accept/Eligible, the guideline message is accurate.
I AM RECEIVING A DUPLICATE LOAN MESSAGE IN ESSENT ONLINE MI ORDERING, BUT DO NOT SEE THE LOAN IN MY PIPELINE SCREEN. HOW DO I FIND THE LOAN?
- In the upper right hand corner of the Essent Online MI Ordering screen there is a field labeled “Search.”
- Enter your loan number, borrower last name or Essent commitment number in the field and search for the loan.
Desktop Underwriter® is a registered trademark of Fannie Mae.
Loan Product Advisor® is a registered trademark of Freddie Mac.