We’re Here for You When You Need Us
It’s our policy to process and settle all Claims according to the terms and conditions of Essent’s Master Policy — and with a sense of fairness.
If we find a correctable error on a Claim for Loss that would inappropriately reduce the Insurance Benefit, we will correct the error and maximize full Insurance Benefits for the Insured.
When to file a Claim for Loss
A Claim should be filed no later than 60 days after the earlier of:
- acquiring a Borrower’s Title to the Property
- a Third-Party Sale
- expiration of the Insured’s right of redemption (if he/she elects)
We make every effort to keep the required documentation minimal. Only the following documents are required to be submitted with every Claim.
- A copy of the executed trustee’s or sheriff’s deed (which may be unrecorded) if the Borrower’s Title is obtained by a foreclosure action. If the deed is unavailable when filing a Claim, let us know and if a GSE is the investor, we will attempt to waive this requirement by visiting their website to validate the foreclosure sale and the foreclosure bid amount.
- A copy of the deed from the Borrower (which may be unrecorded) if a Voluntary Conveyance/Deed in Lieu was accepted in lieu of foreclosure.
- A copy of the final HUD 1 settlement statement or Closing Disclosure (as may be applicable) in the event of a Third-Party Sale prior to or after the foreclosure, but prior to the settlement of the Claim.
- A copy of the payment history covering the Default period.
- Evidence of the bid amount and the proceeds from a Third-Party Sale at the foreclosure sale (if applicable).
- A copy of any recent appraisals or broker price opinions if available (not required).
If additional documentation is needed, we will contact you shortly after we receive the Claim for Loss.
For a complete list of documents that may be required, please read section 8.4 in the Default and Claims Servicing Guide.
You can also email email@example.com or call (877) 331-9077 for more information. Our dedicated associates are available to assist you Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Time.
Loss Management Resources
Review Essent’s Master Policy requirements for bidding at a foreclosure sale.Download PDF
Natural Disasters Delegation Notice
Learn the different circumstances under which Servicers can suspend foreclosure proceedings.Download PDF
Loss Mitigation Approval Request Form
Complete this form and email it to Essent to request approval for repayment.Download PDF
Notice of Default and Monthly Status Update
Complete this form and email it to Essent to report a delinquency on a Loan.Download PDF
Notice of Completed Loan Modification
Complete this form and email it to Essent to provide details of the modified Loan terms for a Property.Download PDF
Claim For Loss Form
Complete this form and email it to Essent, along with any required documentation to file a Claim for Loss.Download PDF
Default and Claims Servicing Guide
Understand the general requirements of our Master Policy that become applicable in the event of a Default.Download PDF