1. Statement of Purpose
2. Scope of This Policy
This Policy applies to information collected by Essent through its website at www.essent.us (the “website”). This Policy does not apply to information pertaining to employees of Essent or to any service provider or commercial entity. This policy does not apply to Essent’s MI Online ordering portal.
3. Information We Collect
When you visit our website, we may collect the following information from you:
- Contact information, such as your name, home or other physical address, email, telephone number, organization name, and/or job title.
- Information you provide to us in connection with requests for promotional consideration, educational offerings or credit counseling.
- Any other information you provide to us.
We may combine such information with information we already have about you.
When you visit our website, we also may automatically collect the following information:
- Web logging: Like many other websites, we automatically collect and store log file information such as IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp and/or clickstream data. We do not link this automatically collected data to other information we collect about you.
4. How We Use Information
Essent may use information for the following purposes:
- To protect the security and integrity of our products and services or otherwise enforce Essent’s rights;
- To administer promotions which customers or consumers elect to participate in;
- To communicate with you and respond to your inquiries, requests, and applications and/or send important notices;
- To respond to government regulator requests for information;
- To provide any other services requested;
- As otherwise necessary or appropriate in connection with our business; and
As otherwise may be disclosed at the time of collection.
5. Disclosure of Information by Essent
Essent does not sell your information to third parties. When possible, information will be masked or otherwise de-identified prior to being disclosed to any third party. Essent may share information in the following circumstances:
- Among our various businesses and affiliated companies.
- To third parties that provide services to help us with our business activities. These third parties are authorized to use information only as reasonably necessary to provide these services to us. These third parties are subject to restrictions against further disclosure.
- When reasonably necessary to protect our rights or property, protect your health and safety or the health and safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request or the request of a government-sponsored enterprise.
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process.
- In the event Essent is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- With your prior consent
6. Safeguarding Information
Essent uses reasonable physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect information from unauthorized access, use, loss, misuse, or unauthorized alteration. Notwithstanding these security safeguards, it is impossible to guarantee 100% security in all circumstances.
7. Retention of Information
Essent retains information for as long as it is reasonably useful for commercial purposes or to maintain the integrity of Essent’s books and records. Essent also retains information as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements.
8. International Users
10. Contact Information
Chief Compliance Officer
Essent Guaranty, Inc.
Two Radnor Corporate Center, 3rd Floor
100 Matsonford Road
Radnor, PA 19087